|SIZE: Medium/Large||FRAME: Walnut / Maple|
|LENS: CLARITY A/R||POLARISED: Yes|
Introducing our amazing Aviator, hand-crafted from multiple layers of walnut and maple wood.
THE MOST ADVANCED WOODEN SUNGLASSES ON THE MARKET: Multi-layer construction makes the frame of the Aviator much more flexible than solid wood frames and also unbreakable when they're dropped on the ground. We've drop tested them from 20 feet onto a concrete surface!
SUPER LIGHTWEIGHT OPTICALLY CORRECT LENSES: Our CONTRAST A/R polarised lenses are 100% optically correct across the whole lens and provide full UVA and UVB protection. They're half the weight of traditional glass lenses and have twice the scratch resistance. The lenses also feature an anti-sea salt treatment so they won't flake over time even when exposed to salt water.
LIFE-PROOF, UNBREAKABLE FRAMES: The new frame construction makes the Aviator 2 unbreakable (under normal use conditions). It has been drop tested from 20 feet.
SUSTAINABLE: Our Aviator frames are manufactured from sustainably sourced maple and walnut wood, which is grown for purpose.
Do you really want to buy yet another pair of oil based plastic sunglasses when you could be wearing beautiful, natural fibres against your skin?
COMFY & LIGHTWEIGHT: Weighing only 21 grams, the Aviator is one of the lightest frames on the market. Our stainless steel Rx quality hinges allow the frame to flex outwards so the arms provide a snug, comfortable fit with no pinching, regardless of face shape.
THE CLASSIC AVIATOR WITH A MODERN TWIST: Everyone needs a pair of Aviator style sunglasses. The iconic style frame has stood the test of time and suits everyone.
GUARANTEED HAPPINESS: Each pair comes with our unbeatable 12 month break and replace guarantee, so you will always have peace of mind.
QUALITY DOESN'T HAVE TO COST THE WORLD
We want you to love your sunglasses as much as we do. They have been made with a love of design, wood craft, material science and the environment. Here are some facts you might want to know about your purchase.
ONE PERCENT FOR THE PLANET: 1% of everything you spend with us goes to help environmental causes. Our contributions are governed by One Percent For The Planet, a global organisation leading the fight for the protection of our planet. So you can be sure that every penny goes where it's supposed to.
WOODEN ARMS & FRAMES: All our wood frames are made from 100% sustainably sourced wood that has been certified by the Forest Stewardship Council (FSC).
RECYCLED PLASTIC FRAMES: Our plastic frames are made from certified recycled plastic that ensures that every pair makes a net positive environmental impact. All our frames are certified to the stringent Global Recycled Standard (GRS) so you can rest assured that you are making a eco friendly purchase.
BioSUNNIES FRAMES: Our BioSunnies frames are made from an extraordinary combination of wheat straw (75%) and biodegradable polypropylene (25%). The wheat straw is a bi-product of wheat farming which is traditionally burned at the end of a harvest. A brilliant bit of material science turns it into a flexible and durable bioplastic that is perfect for sunglasses.
LENSES: The most important component of sunglasses has to be the lenses and we have ensured that all our glasses are fitted with the best in the market. Here's what you need to know:
- ALL our lenses are polarised
- ALL our lenses offer complete protection against UVA and UVB radiation
- Our lenses come in 3 types:
- CLARITY A/R: Our very best glasses are complete with these amazing polarised lenses. They are 100% optically correct across the entire lens so there is no bending of your sight at the edges. They're made of super tough, ultra lightweight nylon and weigh half the weight of traditional glass lenses. They also have twice the scratch resistance of glass lenses and can withstand just about any impact you can imagine.
- TAC: Tri Acetate Cellulose (TAC): Many of our glasses come with TAC polarised lenses that are UV400 rated. This is a new lens technology formulated for superior visual and polarisation clarity. They have a scratch coating and block 100% harmful UV rays up to 400 nanometers. These lenses are very lightweight and highly impact resistant.
- Acetate: Our BioSunnies are fitted with super-tough polarised acetate lens that offer the same fantastic protection as all our glasses. They are UV400 rated and provide full UVA and UVB protection and also block harmful glare from reflective surfaces like water and snow.
WHAT'S IN THE BOX?
When you receive a pair of Wildwood glasses you will find they are simply packaged and include:
- Your wonderful Wildwood sunglasses
- Microfibre cleaning cloth made from recycled plastic
- Depending on the glasses you've purchased, they will come in a protective carrying pouch made from flax, or a Wildwood carrying case made from Kraft (recycled wood pulp) board, or a sustainably sourced bamboo box.
Wildwood eyewear is precisely engineered to provide a comfortable fit that looks great with your natural look. Our sunglasses come in a range of sizes to suit different faces and tastes. The guide below is just that, a guide. Depending how you like your glasses to look, you may want to opt for a larger or smaller frame.
Kids come in so many different shapes that it's difficult to put a precise size on them or their sunglasses. So our kids collection includes glasses for younger kids (3-9 years old) and older kids (6-12 years old). And in the middle, our kid's BioSunnies work best with 5-9 years old. We are confident you will find a pair that fit and your kids will love them.
We hope you love these sunglasses as much as we do. But we also want you to have fun without worrying.
That's why when you buy a pair of Wildwood sunglasses, we give you our unbeatable 12 month break and replace guarantee, so you will always have peace of mind.
So, if the worst happens and they get broken within 12 months of purchase, don't let it spoil your day. Send them back to us with details of where you bought them and we'll replace them, FREE OF CHARGE (all you pay is the postage).