QUALITY DOESN'T HAVE TO COST THE WORLD
We want you to love your sunglasses as much as we do. They have been made with a love of design, wood craft, material science and the environment. Here are some facts you might want to know about your purchase.
ONE PERCENT FOR THE PLANET: 1% of everything you spend with us goes to help environmental causes. Our contributions are governed by One Percent For The Planet, a global organisation leading the fight for the protection of our planet. So you can be sure that every penny goes where it's supposed to.
WOODEN ARMS & FRAMES: All our wood frames are made from 100% sustainably sourced wood that has been certified by the Forest Stewardship Council (FSC).
RECYCLED PLASTIC FRAMES: Our plastic frames are made from certified recycled plastic that ensures that every pair makes a net positive environmental impact. All our frames are certified to the stringent Global Recycled Standard (GRS) so you can rest assured that you are making a eco friendly purchase.
BioSUNNIES FRAMES: Our BioSunnies frames are made from an extraordinary combination of wheat straw (75%) and biodegradable polypropylene (25%). The wheat straw is a bi-product of wheat farming which is traditionally burned at the end of a harvest. A brilliant bit of material science turns it into a flexible and durable bioplastic that is perfect for sunglasses.
LENSES: The most important component of sunglasses has to be the lenses and we have ensured that all our glasses are fitted with the best in the market. Here's what you need to know:
- ALL our lenses are polarised
- ALL our lenses offer complete protection against UVA and UVB radiation
- Our lenses come in 3 types:
- CLARITY A/R: Our very best glasses are complete with these amazing polarised lenses. They are 100% optically correct across the entire lens so there is no bending of your sight at the edges. They're made of super tough, ultra lightweight nylon and weigh half the weight of traditional glass lenses. They also have twice the scratch resistance of glass lenses and can withstand just about any impact you can imagine.
- TAC: Tri Acetate Cellulose (TAC): Many of our glasses come with TAC polarised lenses that are UV400 rated. This is a new lens technology formulated for superior visual and polarisation clarity. They have a scratch coating and block 100% harmful UV rays up to 400 nanometers. These lenses are very lightweight and highly impact resistant.
- Acetate: Our BioSunnies are fitted with super-tough polarised acetate lens that offer the same fantastic protection as all our glasses. They are UV400 rated and provide full UVA and UVB protection and also block harmful glare from reflective surfaces like water and snow.
WHAT'S IN THE BOX?
When you receive a pair of Wildwood glasses you will find they are simply packaged and include:
- Your wonderful Wildwood sunglasses
- Microfibre cleaning cloth made from recycled plastic
- Depending on the glasses you've purchased, they will come in a protective carrying pouch made from flax, or a Wildwood carrying case made from Kraft (recycled wood pulp) board, or a sustainably sourced bamboo box.